Cranberry Chicken is an easy recipe for making a delicious dinner, perfect for a holiday meal.
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 12 chicken cutlets
- 2 cups Panko
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large bunch of scallions rinsed and trimmed
- 2 large bay leaves
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups cranberry sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Rinse cutlets and pat dry.
- Mix the panko with black pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge all the cutlets in the panko and chill for 15 minutes.
- Mince scallions. Keep white part and green parts separate.
- Heat 1/3 cup of oil in skillet over medium heat. Add cutlets in batches and sauté until golden on each side. Add a little more oil if necessary. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add the white part of the minced scallions and bay leaves. Sauté two minutes. Add wine and bring to a boil. Stir well with a wooden spoon so that all the chicken drippings are incorporated into the sauce. Boil until the sauce is reduced to a thick glaze. Add cranberry sauce, stock and vinegar. Simmer while stirring until all the ingredients are well mixed and the sauce has slightly thickened. Return chicken cutlets to the sauce. Spoon sauce all over the cutlets and simmer until they are fully cooked. Remove bay leaves. Arrange cutlets on a platter deep enough to hold the sauce. Sprinkle minced green scallions over the top and serve hot.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of Gloria Kobrin of Kosher By Gloria